Having sufficient revenues to provide quality service, as well as a fair return on investment, is critical to all utilities. Our experienced depreciation, valuation, and ratemaking professionals successfully represent clients in public pricing policy before regulators and in courts of law. Combining traditional principles with innovative approaches, we deliver clear and concise reports and testimony that stand the test of scrutiny.
More than 100 Years of Experience
- When you need informed engineering judgment that assures the timely recovery of capital investment, we are the source to turn to.
- Our approach considers all appropriate factors to correctly estimate facilities’ service life and net salvage.
- We have supported and defended our studies with expert testimony in regulatory proceedings across North America.
- Our knowledgeable team conducts original cost and fair market reproduction cost studies.
- Using field inventories, system maps, and indexed unit costs, we estimate the value of distribution plants and facilities.
- Cost of Capital - Rate of Return Studies
- Debt Financing Reports
- Economic and Demographic Studies
- Economic Valuation Studies
- Feasibility Studies
- Financial Decision Studies
- Financial Planning
- IFRS Services
- Related Financial Studies.
- We are experienced in revenue and expense analysis, cost of capital, and depreciation claims to ensure that required revenue levels are achieved.
- We have conducted numerous class cost-of-service allocation studies to determine an equitable basis for rate design.
- We develop customized rate structures to help utilities charge rates that are fair and equitable for all users.