Our fully-equipped soils laboratory in Pennsylvania features skilled technicians and cutting-edge technology to yield reliable results – the basis for our engineering design services. Our ability to perform testing in-house and on-site translates into reduced costs and better schedule control for you.
- Geotechnical Testing
Our laboratory resources allow us to quickly and accurately determine the material characteristics and parameters upon which successful analyses and designs depend. State of the practice equipment and procedures, together with highly qualified personnel, provide quality results.
- Specialized Geotechnical Testing Programs
We design and execute programs to address unusual loading conditions in support of forensic analyses or as part of extending technology into new areas or applications.
- On-site Construction Testing
We furnish complete on-site laboratories specifically tailored to your project needs.
- Certified Labs
Our lab is certified by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Accreditation Program and perform American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and/or AASHTO test procedures.
- Quality Control
In the lab or on-site, your project will be staffed by qualified technicians and engineers. We provide documented testing services in accordance with recognized standards.
Types of Projects
- Highway and bridges
- Structural foundations
- Water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Atterberg limits
- California/Limerock Bearing Ratio (CBR/LBR)
- Cement content
- Corrosivity (pH, chlorides, sulphates, and conductivity)
- Crumb dispersion
- Direct and residual shear
- Filter testing (USBR 5630)
- In-situ permeability testing - rising/falling head, slug tests, and packer testing
- Ion exchange capacity
- Material strength
- No Erosion Filter (NEF)
- Permeability - flexible wall permeameters
- Point load
- Slake durability
- Soil classification
- Specialty testing to facilitate soil mix designs and cut-off walls
- Triaxial shear
- Unconfined compression.