Sources of water are becoming increasingly more difficult to develop, maintain, and sustain. Communities must overcome degrading quality and scarcity to ensure drought tolerance, fix aging infrastructure, and plan for future growth and climate change. We deliver integrated water resources services together with sound financial planning and IT solutions to help communities meet the complex challenge of ensuring safe, clean, reliable water supplies.
Protecting and Sustaining the World’s Water Supply
Since we opened our doors, we’ve led the way in water engineering, practical design, operations, and alternative delivery to select, execute, and deliver integrated water resource solutions on thousands of water projects.
Integrating technology, economics, sustainability, and compliance expertise, we provide comprehensive dam and levee design and rehabilitation, water resources planning, supply development, extraction and impoundment, facility and infrastructure design, and potable, reclaimed, and reuse water treatment.
Water & Wastewater Solutions
As a Top 20 U.S. water engineering firm, we help you solve water resource problems through a holistic approach that combines innovation, practical design, green initiatives, and a century of experience to return the best value for your investment.
Leadership & Awards
- Platinum Award, 2016, American Council of Engineering Companies of New York, Engineering Excellence Awards-Village of Northport Wastewater Treatment Plant Phase II Upgrades, Northport, New York
- National Rehabilitation Project of the Year, 2015, Association of State Dam Safety Officials, Annual Awards Program-Gilboa Dam Rehabilitation, Town of Gilboa, New York
- Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award, 2015, Maryland Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers, Recognition and Awards Program-Towson Finished Water Reservoir, Baltimore, Maryland
- Platinum Award, 2014, American Council of Engineering Companies of New York, Engineering Excellence Awards-Grass Island Wastewater Treatment Plant Pump System Improvements, Greenwich, Connecticut
- Grand Honor Award, 2013, American Council of Engineering Companies of Kentucky, Engineering Excellence Awards-Kentucky River Station II Water Treatment Plant, Owenton, Kentucky.
- View All Industry Awards.
We break through the clutter and drive innovation. These are just some of our accomplishments in the last decade:
- Leader in roller-compacted concrete (RCC) dam technology with tallest RCC dam in North America
- The largest conventional drinking water treatment plant conversion to membrane filtration in the eastern U.S.
- The first U.S. LEED®-certified water treatment plant
- Upgrades to wastewater treatment plants across the Chesapeake Bay watershed to incorporate biological nutrient reduction.
Our dams and water professionals are active in local and national industry organizations. Many hold lead roles like these:
- Bill Allis, PE: B100 Granular Filtering Material Standard Committee Chair, American Water Works Association
- Lars Augustin, PE: Director, New York Water Environment Association-Long Island Chapter
- Matt Carnish, PE: State Director, Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers-Harrisburg Chapter; Chair, Central Pennsylvania Engineers Week Council; Secretary, Pennsylvania Engineering Foundation
- Bob Dengler, PE: Treasurer, American Society of Civil Engineers-Pittsburgh Section; Nominating Committee Co-Chair and West-Tec Committee Co-Chair, Western Pennsylvania Water Pollution Control Association
- Dennis Funk, PE: Technical Committees Trustee, American Water Works Association-Chesapeake Section
- Dale Glatfelter, PE: Secretary/Treasurer, American Water Resources Association-Pennsylvania State Section
- Stephen Hadjiyane, PE: Chair, New York Water Environment Association-Long Island Chapter
- R. Scott Hughes, PE: Director, Water Resources Association of the Delaware River Basin
- Gene Koontz, PE, BCEE: Immediate Past-President, American Water Works Association
- Sophia Liskovich, PE: Chair-Elect, American Water Works Association-Chesapeake Section
- Mike Mehaffey, PE: First Vice President, Central Pennsylvania Water Quality Association
- Fotios Papamichael, PE, BCEE: Director, American Council of Engineering Companies of New York; Chairman Elect, American Council of Engineering Companies of New York-Long Island Region
- Fletcher Platt, PE, PP, BCEE: Education and Conference Committee Chair, Association of Environmental Authorities of New Jersey
- Joe Strauch, PE: Collection Conference Chair, Water Environment Federation.