In the event of a dam failure, the safety and welfare of downstream communities rely on timely and effective actions by both the dam owner and emergency management agencies (EMAs). To protect these populations, dam owners are responsible for developing emergency action plans (EAPs) that EMAs use once an emergency is declared. Dam owners turn to us to develop EAPs that meet state and federal requirements and reduce the risk of loss of life and property in critical situations.
Emergency Action Plans & EAP Exercises Solutions
- EAP exercises
- Early warning notification message crafting
- Emergency operations and response planning
- Dam failure and inundation modeling
- Defining populations at risk
- Incident detection, evaluation, and response
- Interagency coordination
- Property damage/loss of life mitigation plans.
We’ve completed hundreds of emergency preparedness and evacuation plans for dam owners throughout the U.S. to improve emergency preparedness, disaster response, and community recovery.
Emergency Action Plans & EAP Services
- Conventional HEC-RAS dam breach analysis
- Development of EAP exercises
- EAP development and updates
- Inundation map development
- Two-dimensional dam breach analysis.