Dams, levees, and other water management infrastructure have a vital role when it comes to flood control, water supply, recreation, and power. We partner with our clients to deliver innovative and sustainable dam and levee solutions, from concept to completion and commissioning. Whether you need a new design, rehabilitation, inspection, risk assessment, or permitting assistance, we provide resilient water management systems to reduce risk, sustain water supplies and protective works, and safeguard communities.
Clients around the world call on our technical, environmental, regulatory, public safety, and cultural expertise to meet their water resources challenges with cost-effective, reliable solutions. Since our founding 100 years ago, we have designed more than 100 new dams, modified more than 250 dams and 50 levee systems, and evaluated the safety of more than 500 dams. Our valued clients include private owners and municipal, county, state, and federal agencies; multiple districts of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; the Natural Resources Conservation Service; and the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation.
Dams & Levees Solutions
With nearly 1,000 new, modified, or investigated dam projects completed throughout the U.S., we have the in-house expertise you need to push you through design, construction management, and continuous improvement.
Dams & Levees Services
- Construction management
- Dam evaluation and rehabilitation
- Emergency action and warning plans
- Environmental permitting
- Expert witness and litigation support
- Flood damage survey
- Flood insurance studies and mapping
- Flood inundation mapping
- Flood risk mitigation and safety management
- Flood wall inspection, evaluation, and design
- Foundation analysis and modification
- Geographic information systems (GIS) technology
- Geophysical investigations
- Geotechnical exploration and testing
- Hydrologic and hydraulic analyses and modeling
- Instrumentation and monitoring
- Intelligrout® (foundations grouting technology)
- Investigation, inspection, assessment, and design
- Levee and dike inspection, evaluation, and rehabilitation
- Levee and earth structure design
- Peer review
- Risk-informed decision making
- Pump station inspection, evaluation, and design
- Slope stability and seepage analysis
- Stormwater management, interior drainage evaluation, and design
- Subsurface drilling and investigation
- Sustainable water resource planning
- Watershed management and planning.