Transportation agencies, counties, municipalities, and private companies share in the responsibility for the proper management of stormwater runoff and water quality. Each requires effective solutions that fit within limited capital improvement and maintenance budgets. Gannett Fleming can evaluate your storage, treatment, and monitoring needs and develop a sustainable, practical program that fits your unique requirements, minimizes flooding, and satisfies your Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) and/or pollutant removal goals.
Stormwater runoff can wreak havoc on a community. In the best-case scenario, it absorbs quickly into the ground, replenishing groundwater resources. When it doesn’t, dangerous and costly erosion and flooding can occur. Stormwater makes its way from rooftops, traversing paved and impervious surfaces and migrating through lawns, fields, and other open spaces. Along the way, the runoff gathers and transports fertilizer, pesticides, animal waste, soil, and even garbage. It ushers these undesirable materials into your waterways, including protected estuaries, fishing areas, and recreation hotspots.
Comprehensive Solutions for a Variety of Scenarios
Gannett Fleming provides planning, design, and construction management services for new facilities, as well as the renovation (retrofit) of existing facilities, to mitigate your stormwater runoff concerns. Our team is experienced in a wide variety of maintenance, operational, and regulatory scenarios, and adept at designing optimal solutions that meet your storage and conveyance needs and improve the quality of your runoff. Our ability to provide comprehensive stormwater services in-house allows us to offer clients greater project control, better quality, reduced risk, and a maintainable schedule and budget.
Innovation for the Triple Bottom Line
At Gannett Fleming, we look at each stormwater project with a fresh perspective. We consider every project an opportunity to innovate, evolve, look at things in new and different ways, and depart from the way it has always been done. We emphasize a triple bottom line approach to stormwater facilities, with an eye on delivering value against three critical objectives:
- Economic prosperity
- Environmental stewardship
- Social responsibility.
This approach allows us to track direct and indirect costs of a project, including positive and negative impacts on people and the planet. Benefits may include improved public wellness, increased recreational opportunities, accelerated commercial activity, improved property values, and an increased community tax base.
- Best management practices evaluation and design
- Capture and reuse facilities
- Collection and conveyance facilities
- Environmental impacts assessment
- Erosion and sedimentation pollution control
- Facility system design, repair, and retrofit
- Hard surface evaluation and design
- Integrated runoff treatment solutions (traffic calming, grass islands, bio-swales, micro-bioretention facilities)
- Landscaping design
- Low-impact development/environmental site design
- Proprietary structural facilities (StormFilter®, Focal Point®)
- Regenerative stormwater conveyance systems
- Riparian buffering
- Rooftop disconnection programs
- Rooftop stormwater management
- Sand filters
- Stormwater detention & retention facilities
- Natural stream restoration
- Sustainable plantings for urban environments
- Topographic surveys and plans
- Subsurface storage and treatment systems.