Our water and wastewater utility clients hold the unique position of providing a public service, yet functioning much like private companies. We assist both public authorities and private clients with keeping their businesses running smoothly. We provide the organizational and strategic guidance they need to operate efficiently, remain financially strong, and provide competitive, quality service.
Let us Help you Meet These Challenges:
- Assess and secure financing
- Budget development and management
- Comply with increasingly strict water quality mandates
- Establish appropriate fee-based services and rate structures
- Measure utility strength for privatization
- Meet intense demand generated by residential and commercial development
- Overcome organizational inefficiencies
- Upgrade historic, often century-old infrastructure.
- Annual reporting and operating budgets
- Asset management
- Authority/Utility frameworks
- Database development
- Feasibility studies
- Financial business models
- Insurance requirements documentation
- Operations and management performance audits and manuals
- Owner representative
- Policy development
- Program structuring
- Public/Stakeholder outreach
- Rate/Service fee development
- Regulatory responses and negotiations
- Sewage facilities planning
- System inspection for bond certification
- Valuation services.
Municipal EngineeringOur multi-disciplinary engineering staff, encompassing financial, environmental, civil, structural, transportation, and facility professionals, when combined with sound project management expertise, can provide the engineering support for municipalities in need of staff augmentation and management support.
Authority EngineeringOur history of supporting utilities with management, financial, operational, and technical excellence in a true partnership arrangement is a testament to the value we provide our authority clients year in and year out.
Asset ManagementAsset management can mean different things to many people. We see asset management as the process a utility develops to manage risk and reliability in a fiscally sound manner that will lead to a state of good repair. This process may vary significantly depending on system size, complexity, and age, and overall financial capability. There is no one-size-fits-all. We offer a practical approach to developing an asset management program without over-investing in development. Read more about Asset Management.
Valuation and RateIn today’s complex regulatory and reporting environment, Gannett Fleming Valuation & Rate Consultants, LLC assists utilities and authorities to determine the proper recovery of capital for both accounting and utility rate making purposes. Read more about Valuation & Rate.
Business and Technology SolutionsTo ensure the long-term sustainability of a water or wastewater facility, Gannett Fleming works directly with utility managers to assess their unique situation and develop an appropriate plan. This allows better decisions to be made when it is most appropriate to repair, replace, or rehabilitate assets to ensure the utility is able to deliver the required level of service. Read more about our Business and Technology Solutions.