As departments of transportation are challenged to preserve, rehabilitate, and maintain highway facilities with less funding, they must also meet demands to ensure the safety and comfort of the traveling public. Gannett Fleming has spent decades developing ways to maximize the technology, sustainability, and efficiency of rest facilities, tolls plazas, traffic management centers, and vehicle maintenance facilities to help transportation agencies meet budgetary restrictions.
Highway Facilities Solutions
- Administrative facilities
- Highway maintenance buildings
- Pedestrian bridges and tunnels
- Police facilities
- Roadside service plazas and rest facilities
- Salt storage facilities
- Toll plazas and administrative facilities
- Traffic management centers (TMC).
Highway Facilities Services
- Energy audits
- Environmental permitting
- Facility assessments
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Landscape architecture
- Planning/ feasibility studies
- Project administration
- Public agency coordination
- Sustainable design
- Traffic and safety engineering
- Value engineering evaluations.
Known for our technical innovation and award-winning design, we inspect, design, and rehabilitate highway tunnels throughout the U.S. Our team is particularly skilled in evaluating water infiltration sources and designing solutions to meet National Fire Protection Association standards.