Educational institutions face unique budgetary, scheduling, and programming challenges as they evolve to meet the needs of 21st century learners. We partner with clients to maximize tight capital budgets, while delivering long-term building performance and value. Our design professionals offer innovative and sustainable solutions to enhance learning environments, improve health and safety, lower energy use, and reduce operating costs.
For more than 40 years, Gannett Fleming has served as a trusted advisor to school and university clients across the country. We provide architectural design, engineering, program, and construction management services for everything from signature buildings, to minor renovations, to central utility plants for entire campuses. Our team of LEED®, NEBB®, commissioning, and energy management experts offers traditional and alternative delivery methods to ensure the successful completion and optimal performance of your educational facilities project.
Educational Facility Services
- Feasibility studies
- ADA compliance studies
- Building inspection/assessment
- Roofing and building envelope weatherization
- New construction/renovation
- Interior design.
- Inspections and repairs
- Design of new structures
- Bridges (pedestrian and vehicular)
- Parking structures.
- Central utility systems
- Chilled water systems
- Steam boilers and distribution systems
- Plumbing and fire protection
- Energy management
- Building automation systems.
- Distribution systems
- Lighting design
- Emergency power
- Data and telecommunications systems
- Fiber optic systems.
- Master plans
- Landscape architecture
- Site survey
- Stormwater management
- Traffic and parking.
- Permit acquisition
- Sustainability and long-term planning
- Property acquisition/divestiture
- Site development
- Remedial actions.
- Foundation analysis and design
- Soil evaluations and testing.
- Construction management
- Construction inspection
- Program management
- Constructability review
- Construction management at-risk (CMAR)
- Engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC).
- Operational and performance testing.
- Acoustic analysis and engineering
- Audiovisual design
- Building information modeling
- Security planning and system design
- Transportation systems
- Vertical transportation (elevators/escalators).