Core to any transit system is a clean and well maintained fleet. Beyond providing a safe and comfortable environment for riders and operators, proper maintenance stretches operating and capital budgets by maximizing transit system performance. We've planned and designed more than 200 state-of-the-art vehicle maintenance facility projects across the U.S. and Canada, supporting transit and public works authorities of all sizes.
For more than 40 years, we have been a leader in the planning and design of vehicle maintenance facilities. We look at the whole picture, providing clients with needs analysis, planning, site assessment, and evaluation, regardless of facility size, site configuration, or functional requirements.
We understand and offer support in the various alternative project delivery methods, including design-bid-build, design-build, Public Private Partnerships (P3), and Construction Manager at Risk (CM@Risk) projects.
Vehicle Maintenance Facilities Solutions
- Bus, rail, and department of public works maintenance facilities
- Component shops
- Fueling facilities
- Industrial design
- Layup yards with standby power
- Master planning (site and system wide)
- Medium repair, major repair, and overhaul facilities
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Compliance
- Needs analysis
- Service and inspection shops
- Specialized car maintenance equipment
- Train wash facilities
- Value engineering evaluations
- Wheel truing facilities.
Vehicle Maintenance Facilities Services
Industrial Engineering DesignKnowledge of day-to-day maintenance and storage operations and building/site circulation patterns is essential to producing an efficient layout and design. Facility functions and circulation patterns must be carefully analyzed to provide for efficient operation on the site, to and from the buildings, and within the buildings. Our dedicated maintenance facilities staff work exclusively on vehicle maintenance facility projects and understand how to work with your organization to optimize designs.
Alternative Fuel SolutionsAlternative fuels are a standard component of many clean air and cost-saving transportation programs. We can plan, design, and build a wide variety of fueling options for clean diesel, compressed natural gas (CNG), liquefied natural gas (LNG), and liquid petroleum gas (LPG).
- Acoustical analysis
- Alternative fuel options
- Compressed natural gas (CNG) compliance
- Construction inspection, administration, and management
- Environmental compliance
- Evaluation of alternative sites
- Facility maintenance management
- Facility needs analysis
- Fueling plans, including alternative fuels
- Industrial engineering/equipment selection
- Industrial piping design
- LEED® project design
- Master planning (including site selection)
- Performance specifications
- Program management (cost/schedule control)
- Project administration
- Public agency coordination
- Rehabilitation/expansion of facilities
- Start-up and testing
- Systems procurement
- Value engineering evaluations.