When an incident occurs, effective and streamlined incident and emergency management is crucial to respond quickly, prevent escalation, and most importantly save lives. With boots-on-the-ground expertise in emergency planning, coordination, training, and safety service patrols, we help state departments of transportation, emergency management agencies, and local municipalities to be ready for the unexpected.
Integrated Incident Management and Emergency Management Solutions
We’ve developed incident and emergency management (IM/EM) plans, standard operating procedures, and training programs, tools, and resources. We understand the important link between effective IM/EM and other transportation operations programs, such as ITS and integrated corridor management (ICM) programs.
As contributors to the National Traffic Incident Management Coalition’s National Unified Goal, we’re helping responsible agencies focus on improved responder safety; safe, quick clearance; and more prompt, reliable, and interoperable communications.
Safety Service Patrols
Today’s service patrollers do much more than just assist motorists, they act as true members of a traffic incident scene management team to save lives and protect incident responders. Our team has hand-on experience with staffing, managing, scheduling, and training service patrol operators, including programs for 15-80 patrollers in urban and rural environments. We prepare these men and women to be part of a unified command structure, training them to set up temporary Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices-compliant traffic control, actively manage their scenes, and adapt as the incident progresses.
Incident & Emergency Management Services
- Automatic vehicle locating software and hardware utilization
- Classroom training and curriculum program development
- Concept of operations development
- Equipment and vehicle evaluation, deployment, and utilization
- Hotspot route evaluation and deployment
- IM/EM plans
- Incident response plan creation and maintenance
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) integration
- On-site program management
- On-site staffing and staff development
- Standard operating procedures.
Safety Service Patrol Services
- Freeway service patrol policy and procedure development
- FSP/SSP performance measure development and implementation
- Practical skills and MUTCD/State supplement compliant temporary traffic control deployment training
- SSP dispatching and monitoring
- Turnkey patrol service programs.