Successful exploration depends on understanding the entire mine landscape – the dynamic economic conditions, intense regulatory scrutiny, and growing environmental concerns. Throughout the U.S., Canada, and abroad, we help mineral producers know the risks and benefits through realistic, impartial projections of mineable and marketable reserves, feasibility, mine and quarry sequencing, and associated operational costs.
We specialize in managing all aspects of greenfield and brownfield explorations – planning, staffing, financial, and technical. Our experience includes rare earth and multiple minerals within mines, including industrial minerals, base metals, non-petroleum energy minerals, and precious metals.
Expert Mineral Valuation
We provide project valuation, feasibility studies to enter proposed markets, and mineral appraisals for acquisitions and mergers. Our certified mineral appraiser, Fred Pirkle, Ph.D., P.G., is actively involved with a global effort to set consistent standards for the valuation of mineral assets as a member of the International Mineral Valuation Committee.
Full Environmental and Regulatory Landscape
Our evaluation of special environmental and cultural criteria gives you the comprehensive view needed to assess the mine site for federal and state permit requirements, local and regional impacts, zoning, and land development issues, especially for brownfields.
- Due diligence
- Land acquisition
- Mineral appraisals
- Target selection.
- Acoustic and noise analyses
- Data management technology
- Ecological investigations
- Endangered species surveys and habitat assessment
- Environmental health and safety
- Environmental permitting
- Exploration site development, bore hole plans, and onsite drilling supervision
- Geochemistry – acid mine or acid rock drainage assessment
- Geologic logging, geophysics, and borehole TV
- GIS/GPS mapping and analysis
- Hydrologic and hydrogeological investigations
- Impact and risk analysis
- Overburden, interburden, and mineral sampling and analysis
- Program management
- Reserve estimation and mineral appraisal
- Wetland delineation and mitigation.
Data Management TechnologyWe maximize the efficiency of exploration data collection and analysis through customized, mobile field collection tools like EarthSoft’s EQuIS Data Gathering Engine (EDGE). Read more about Information Technology.
With more than 500 geophysical surveys to our credit, we’re experts in surface and down-hole methods to identify subsurface conditions. Read more about Geophysics Services.