- McNeil Consumer Pharmaceuticals
- Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Our Role
- Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Program Management, Construction Management, Commissioning, Qualification, Validation.
- In progress
- Recognized as first ISO 14001-certified pharmaceutical facility in the U.S.
- Improved functionality and efficiency through a 100,000-square-foot renovation
- Optimized process flows and addressed gaps with segregation and maintainability
- Enhanced worker safety through dust collection system replacement
- Provided cGMP equipment and processes validation.
McNeil Consumer Pharmaceuticals (McNeil), a Fortune 500 company, needed a multidiscipline engineering firm to support its manufacturing, processing, expansion, and rehabilitation needs. Under a master service agreement, Gannett Fleming serves as the company’s trusted advisor, providing the in-house resources necessary to respond to a vast array of facilities projects.
Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies require highly controlled environments that meet strict industry standards. Our firm offers McNeil a broad range of expertise, from design-build and construction management services, to environmental management system (EMS) compliance, and equipment and processes validation in accordance with the Food and Drug Administration’s Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
Gannett Fleming has performed numerous studies and risks assessments that have led to increased safety and productivity. Our long-standing relationship has been forged by consistently providing project services on time and on budget with attention to our clients’ needs and expectations.
- Reviewed wastewater conveyance and collection systems to determine adequacy
- Performed a water system vulnerability assessment
- Designed modifications to an existing entry control system (ECS) for a high-security plant
- Performed equipment and processes validations
- Automated operations to aid in consistent and repeatable process results
- Designed improvements to HVAC, dust collection, and building automation systems.
- Eliminated hazardous material from washing solids packaging process
- Improved efficiency of operating systems as verified by Commissioning
- Lowered greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduced use of non-renewable resources.