- Confidential Client
- Our Role
- Engineering Design, Environmental Permitting, Water Resources Planning, Geology, Drilling, Geographic Information Services, Upstream.
- Three counties in Pennsylvania
- In Progress
- Maintained regulatory compliance for local, state, and federal environmental programs
- Provided engineering solutions to meet demanding hydrofracturing scheduling.
After years of oil and gas development in the western United States, our client began upstream natural gas operations in Pennsylvania's Marcellus Shale. The client sought a firm to support compliance with this new region's local, state, and federal regulations.
Gannett Fleming provided professional technical consulting services, including engineering design, environmental agency coordination and permitting, and water resources planning and permitting services. We delivered a broad array of engineering, geological, environmental, and planning services for the development of Marcellus Shale natural gas wells in north-central Pennsylvania.
Our firm supported the client's efforts to maintain compliance with Appalachia Basin regulations. Gannett Fleming coordinated with the client and the Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC) to develop consumptive use applications for several water supply sources for Marcellus Shale gas production. Other services included source water identification and characterization, wetland delineation, Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) Chapter 105 and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Section 404 permitting, protected species surveys, and erosion and sediment control design and permitting. We provided engineering and environmental support for local municipal ordinance and zoning requirements, as well as testimony at municipal zoning, planning, and supervisors’ meetings.
- PADEP and USACE coordination and permitting
- SRBC docket compliance
- Water management plans
- Surface use planning and permitting
- Transport and storage planning, design, and permitting
- Wetlands and waters delineations
- Groundwater source analyses
- Geographic information system (GIS) services.