- U.S. Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) and Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command Transportation Engineering Agency (SDDCTEA)
- Scott Air Force Base, O’Fallon, Illinois
- Our Role
- GIS, Application Development, Intelligent Transportation System.
- Global Application
- In Progress
- Better manage, document, and synchronize movement of global surface cargo transportation
- Facilitate rapid deployment of assets, equipment, and personnel for U.S. military
- Help U.S. warfighter do job better by using geospatial technology.
GeoDecisions, Gannett Fleming’s geospatial information technology division, continues to sustain and enhance its award-winning IRRIS application. Developed by GeoDecisions, IRRIS is a mission-essential command and control system that integrates timely tracking, worldwide infrastructure data, and incident response capabilities into a secure geospatial tool for USTRANSCOM and the SDDCTEA.
As a result of GeoDecisions’ maintenance and enhancements during this latest improvements contract, IRRIS continues to provide the federal government with transportation decision support solutions that achieve military mobility goals. The ultimate enterprise information system, IRRIS enables USTRANSCOM and its subordinate commands to manage assets, infrastructure, and information throughout all levels of their operation. It also provides the Defense Transportation Tracking System (DTTS) and the Defense Courier Division (DCD) with a command-and-control solution.
We ensure that DTTS and DCD systems meet minimum uptime requirements to support mission management of arms, ammunition, explosives, and courier shipments. Additional tasks involve testing, evaluation, training, system management, and disaster recovery and contingency operations support. GeoDecisions further enables IRRIS to share geographic information system (GIS) data with USTRANSCOM’s Enterprise GIS catalog, an application also developed by GeoDecisions.
- Facilitate problem resolution for U.S. military
- Improve military communications
- Provide in-transit and near-real-time visibility of vehicles and shipments
- Unique ability to customize IRRIS enhancements that best meet USTRANSCOM needs
- Use geospatial intelligence to interpret situations and minimize response time.
- Asset Visibility Achievement Award, 2011, Institute for Defense and Government Advancement Defense
- Defense Logistics Award, 2009, USTRANSCOM
- Geospatial Leadership Award, 2008, SDDCTEA
- Intergovernmental Solutions Award, 2007, American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council
- Recognition, Annual Innovator Awards, 2006, Application Trends Magazine.