- TecPort Partners, LP
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Our Role
- Architecture, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Space Planning, Geotechnical.
- 750,000 square feet
- Construction Cost
- $36 million
- Renovation, New Construction
- 4 years
- First technology park in the central Pennsylvania region attracts business
- Park includes class A office buildings, retail shops, restaurants, and hotels.
Renovations to a former manufacturing complex in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, were the foundation for the first technology/business park in the central Pennsylvania region. Now a thriving business center, the 102-acre park includes office buildings, retail shops, restaurants, hotels, and a fitness center. With redundant electrical power from two power grids, high bandwidth, multi-communication carriers, and wireless communications, the center draws clients seeking a premier location near Pennsylvania’s capitol.
Gannett Fleming provided architecture, space planning, structural, geotechnical, mechanical, and electrical engineering design for renovation and new construction of Class A office buildings and multi-tenant flex office buildings, a retail center, and restaurants. The former manufacturing building underwent complete interior and exterior renovations on an accelerated schedule to facilitate operational building systems within four months, from the beginning of construction. The former industrial-looking building now houses a health insurance carrier and features a curved metal-panel entry and balcony.
Gannett Fleming also designed a 20,000-square-foot administrative office and training facility to showcase state-of-the-art mechanical systems and equipment. The main entrance displays the heating, ventilating, and air conditioning system air-handler unit and automatic temperature-control systems so visitors can view the systems in action.
- Complex encourages technology development in the region
- Park includes office buildings, retail shops, restaurants, hotels, and a fitness center.