- Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission and the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Our Role
- Traffic Incident Management Facilitation, Traffic Incident Management Coordination, Program Facilitation, Program Management.
- 4 years
- Created local TIM teams in critical areas for more focused program facilitation
- Established a Regional Traffic Incident Management (TIM) steering committee
- Improved responder safety and incident response times.
Serving one of the largest metropolitan areas in the United States, the Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission (SPC) needed a coordinated Traffic Incident Management (TIM) program to connect crucial stakeholders throughout the region.
Working with both SPC and the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, Gannett Fleming established a regional TIM steering committee and local TIM teams to help the participating organizations enhance the delivery of TIM services.
In conjunction with SPC and PennDOT, Gannett Fleming identified TIM leaders and assembled the regional steering committee to lead strategic planning and to create a place where local TIM teams could bring concerns and issues. The committee facilitates programs for the volunteer and paid professionals engaged in fire and rescue, emergency medical, towing, and law enforcement activities associated with TIM response.
Two local teams were established in critical areas. The first team, in the Cranberry Township section of Butler County, covers an area that includes a major interstate that intersects with the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The second team focuses on the corridor serving the Pittsburgh International Airport, which includes major traffic generated to and from the airport as well as to the growing commercial area along the interstate. An important factor for both local teams working closely with law enforcement officials.
- Collaboration with law enforcement and emergency response officials
- Coordination of the steering committee and local TIM teams
- Enhanced delivery of TIM services
- Facilitation of TIM programs for rescue, emergency medical, towing, and law enforcement professionals.