Gannett Fleming awarded $4,000 scholarships to five children of employees as part of the firm’s 2019 scholarship program.
“The Gannett Fleming Scholarship Program is in its 20th year of helping students achieve their educational goals. It is another clear example of how we value lifelong learning and help develop future generations of leaders,” said Bob Scaer, PE, chairman and CEO. “This year, we enjoyed a record number of applicants and were overwhelmed by the quality and achievements of each student.”
The five scholarship recipients are:
- Craig Cronin, the son of Kevin Cronin, PE, project manager, based in the Baltimore office. Craig attends Duke University in Durham, North Carolina.
- Munib Far, the son of Behrooz Far, senior project manager, based in the Denver office. Munib attends the University of Colorado Denver.
- Nick Gillespie, the son of Andrew Gillespie, PE, PEng, vice president, based in the Philadelphia office. Nick is planning to attend the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Ana Sofia Gonzalez, the daughter of Naldo Gonzalez, PE, ENV SP, vice president and Florida transportation director, based in the Miami office. Ana Sofia is planning to attend the University of Notre Dame.
- Rebecca Welton, the daughter of George Welton, PE, senior project engineer, based in the Baltimore office. Rebecca plans to attend the University of Maryland in College Park, Maryland.
The Gannett Fleming Scholarship Program recognizes and supports the children and grandchildren of the firm’s employees. Each applicant provided their academic records, letters of recommendation, community and extracurricular activity involvement, and an original essay on a meaningful achievement related to their field of study. The applications were reviewed by a panel of nonpartisan judges who selected the winners based on their outstanding scholarship, leadership, and character.