According to a Deloitte 2018 survey, U.S. households will spend an average of $510 in school supplies this year, totaling $27.6 billion. Several Gannett Fleming offices recently took part in back-to-school fundraising drives, donating much needed school supplies to children and teachers.
“Gannett Fleming is committed to the communities where we live and work,” said President and COO Paul Nowicki. “The donations distributed to these schools will ensure the students and teachers have the essential supplies they need to be successful.”
Eight Gannett Fleming offices participated in back-to-school drives:
- Akron, Ohio – Partnered with a local 4-H Club to collect supplies for Barberton Elementary School West
- Baltimore – Provided supplies for 30 Cradlerock Elementary School students
- Chicago – Partnered with SL Civic Wacker LLC to collect supplies for San Miguel School
- Denver – Delivered more than 1,000 school supplies to Walnut Hills Community Elementary School
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania – Donated more than 2,000 school supplies to Tri-Community Elementary and the Halifax area school district
- Jacksonville, Florida – Donated school supplies to Darnell Cookman Middle-High School
Marlton, New Jersey – Filled more than 40 backpacks for Oaks Integrated, a nonprofit organization
- Piscataway, New Jersey – Partnered with United Way’s “Stuff the Bus” drive for Middlesex County public schools.
“Gannett Fleming employees are committed to supporting their local communities by participating in initiatives like this back-to-school program,” said Joni Wright, Gannett Fleming benefits manager and wellness committee chair. “Our employees give back by participating in events such as the United Way campaign, the American Heart Association Heart Walk, blood bank blood drives, and Suits to Careers, Inc., Dress for Success and Tied to Success programs.”