Authenticity. Walking the walk. Through our corporate sustainability initiatives and programs, we actively identify opportunities to improve the environment and support the communities in which we live and work. We remain accountable to these efforts through a yearly audit that helps us to adjust and invest in our sustainability program. Our efforts are making an impact. Since 2010, we’ve exceeded all of our corporate sustainability goals. And during this time, we reduced water usage by 50 percent and energy usage by 40 percent at our corporate headquarters in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Each year, we continue our journey by identifying additional capital improvements and implementing new programs to further reduce our environmental impacts.
What We're Doing
Our Sustainability Program
Culture of Learning
- To stay current on the latest sustainable practices and professional accreditations in our industry, many of our employees are members and leaders in the U.S. Green Building Council, Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure (charter member), and Alternative Fuels Renewable Energies Council.
Improving the Workplace
- We’ve invested in many capital improvements to improve the efficiencies of our corporate headquarters campus in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
- Key enhancements were the design and installation of a 1,400-square-foot vegetated roof and establishment of a native planting area. Both efforts help to reduce stormwater runoff and costs associated with fertilizers, chemicals, and grounds maintenance.
- Offices have instituted recycling programs, activities, and policies to reduce waste, such as installing Reverse Osmosis water dispensers to replace bottled water, launching a composting program for food waste, and replacing disposable plates, napkins, and silverware with microwavable china and metal silverware.
Corporate Sustainability Reports
- Our annual sustainability report demonstrates how we balance complex and interrelated social, environmental, and financial aspects in our client projects and internal activities.
- Through this annual reporting process, we audit our progress toward achieving quantifiable goals to reduce waste, energy, water consumption, and environmental impacts associated with travel and purchasing. Read our 2015 report.